The SoCal League will be hosting several one day pre-season clinics of various types. All clinics are run by SoCal League Staff and licensed NICA coaches and are designed to balance learning and fun.
• New Racer Clinics are focused on middle and high school aged student-athletes interested in trying out interscholastic cross-country mountain biking. You will need a mountain bike in working condition, a helmet, closed toed shoes, a water bottle or hydration pack, a sack lunch, and the willingness to have fun and learn! We will review fundamental mountain bike skills and take you through some of the things you might see should you decide to take part in a SoCal League race. The clinic is great for new riders or returning riders looking for a refresher and reconnection.
• Teen Trail Clinics are focused on middle and high school aged student-athletes interested in the Teen Trail Corps program which focuses on the need to be engaged in advocating for and maintaining legal mountain biking accessible trails. Depending on the clinic we may learn about different facets of advocacy, trail layout, trail maintenance, or trail building. Attendees should bring a sack lunch, hydration, a folding chair, closed toed shoes suitable for hiking in, gloves, sunglasses or eye protection, layered clothing, and at least one hand tool such as a shovel, pick, or sturdy rake. Completion of clinics may lead to fulfilling some requirements of various Teen Trail Corps program badges (SPEAK, BUILD, RESPECT, and RIDE).
• Specialty Clinics have other focuses described in their descriptions.
Riders must be PRACTICE READY in the Pit Zone in order to participate but otherwise there is no fee for the clinic. Some venues may have a small gate fee. SPACE IS LIMITED so you MUST REGISTER to reserve a space (click the clinic to launch the registration page)!
We send out an email with all the info the Thursday ahead of each clinic to all registered riders.
• Saturday October 21, 2017: Teen Trail Clinic at Lehigh Trails in Tehachapi: Complete!
• Saturday November 11, 2017: Teen Trail Clinic at Vail Lake in Temecula: Complete!
• Saturday December 16, 2017: Jenson USA Riding and Career Clinic at Jenson USA in Riverside: Complete!
• COED New Racer Clinic Saturday January 13, 2018: Vail Lake in Temecula: Registration closed
• GIRLS New Racer Clinic Sunday January 14, 2018: Vail Lake in Temecula: Registration closed
• GIRLS New Racer Clinic on Saturday January 13, 2018:Del Prado Park/Playfields in Newbury Park: Registration closed
• COED New Racer Clinic on Sunday January 14, 2018:Del Prado Park/Playfields in Newbury Park: Registration closed