It’s no secret that the SoCal League relies on a dedicated group of volunteers to make our races happen. We value all those who give of their time and energy to help our student-athletes succeed. If you want to be a part of that team for a race or you want to be a volunteer staff leader for the season and beyond you are WELCOME!
For a general idea of what some positions entail please see the NICA Race Volunteer Guidelines page. Note there will be slight local variations.
SoCal is using VolunteerSpot to organize volunteers this season.
Please sign up for any races you want to work this season at the VolunteerSpot links next to each race. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click the link next to the race to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. PLEASE ADD TEAM NAME OR INDEPENDENT IN THE “HIGH SCHOOL AFFILIATION” Field.
Additionally, our Volunteer Manager will be sending out a big email full of details Thursday ahead of each race. If you miss sign up but still want to work a race please find our Volunteer Manager near the Volunteer flag (usually in the Registration/Merchandise/Volunteer chain of pop up tents) and she will get you signed up on site!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address OR you are interested in working the same spot or a leadership spot all season, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator (Dee Seymour) at email@example.com and she can sign you up manually.
Tentative 2016 race weekend schedule is as follows:
Saturday (middle school)
- 3:00 PM Experienced Girls, 3:03 PM Novice Girls
- 4:00 PM Experienced Boys, 4:03 PM Novice Boys grades 7/8, 4:06 PM Novice Boys grade 6
Sunday (high school)
- 9:15 AM Frosh Boys D1, 9:22 AM Frosh Boys D2
- 10:30 AM Soph Boys D1, 10:37 AM Soph Boys D2
- 12:00 PM Varsity Girls, 12:05 PM JV Girls, 12:10 PM Soph Girls, 12:15 PM Frosh Girls
- 1:30 PM Varsity Boys, 1:35 PM JV Boys D1, 1:42 PM JV Boys D2